- Earn community service by signing up to be an AR Student Tutor.
- Food for People can always use volunteers. Their hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and the second Saturday of every month from 10:00am-1:00pm. They have orientations for new volunteers every Monday at 2:30pm. For more information, visit their web site here.
- Sequoia Park Zoo is looking for volunteers to assist with activities during their events. Students who are interested can call 442-5649.
- The American Cancer Society Discovery Shop Thrift Store located at 2942 F Street is in need of volunteers! Any student of working age who needs Community Service hours or register experience is welcome to volunteer. All you need to do is walk in and sign up! You can call at 443-2155 with any questions.
- Tailwaggers Thrift Store located at 2737 F Street in Eureka can use student volunteers! Tailwaggers Thrift Shop is a boutique-style thrift store offering quality used merchandise at affordable prices and all profits go to support the adoption, spay/neuter and education programs of the Sequoia Humane Society. Call 707.445.5837 for more information.
- Become a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the North Coast! Mentors spend just ONE hour a week after school with their Little Brother or Little Sister for the school year at Arcata Elementary or South Fortuna Elementary. For more information, contact 445-4871 or visit http://ncbbbs.org.
- Community Service Hours available for KMUD Community Radio events in Redway and Beyond:
-Internships (long or short term) great for experience and college apps/ resume’ and references
-Journalism, behind to scenes or on-air options, and/or news department organizing
-Office work such as filing, phone answering, internet updating, etc.
-Music Library organizing and/or listening to new and old music regularly
-Radio Engineers and/or DJ’s needed
-get trained, volunteer, propose a show and get on the air, or opt for a one-time show
-music or talk shows are options
-Radio Youth Drama
-write, produce, and/or act, for recorded on-air plays, comedies, skits, etc. of your own creation
-serve drinks at KMUD's Coffee booth during events, such as the Summer Arts Fair
Contact: Sarah Starck at [email protected] (or on Facebook) or call 707-943-3047.