Step 1: Application Process
If interested in attending, please complete and submit the following application materials via fax 707-476-4439 or email to email@example.com, or mail to Academy of the Redwoods, 7351 Tompkins Hill Road, Eureka CA 95501:
- AR Application Packet for 2021-2022 School Year (click here)
AR Application Packet for 2021-2022 School Year in Spanish (click here)
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Submit an Interdistrict Attendance Agreement (https://hcoe.org/inter-district/) by January 29th, 2021 (ONLY if you live outside of the Fortuna Union High School District). Completed Interdistrict Attendance Agreement must be submitted to your district of residence.
- Click here for an Interdistrict Attendance Permit for 2021-2022
- Click here for an Interdistrict Attendance Permit for 2021-2022 in Spanish
Step 2: Math Placement Assessments
AR does not have a math level lower than Algebra 1, therefore all applicants will be required to take a math placement assessment. This assessment is meant to determine Algebra 1 readiness. Testing dates are yet to be determined, you will be contacted by the AR office after your application is submitted to arrange for a Math Placement Exam date. Students may have the opportunity to retest if necessary.
During the placement test, students will not be allowed to use a calculator and all work needs to be done on the assessment sheet. Below are key concepts that the students should be able to do:
- Order of Operations
- Combining Like Terms
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, Dividing positive and negative numbers
- Solving equations in one variable
- Graphing points
- Graphing Lines
(There are 7 sections, but a general knowledge of the first 5 is sufficient.)
There will be an option later for students to test into Geometry, but that will only be after the interview process.
Step 3: Interview
Once the student passes the Math Placement test, an interview is scheduled to determine whether or not AR will be the best fit.